Editor's Notes at EditorsNotes.com

Thursday, October 14, 2004

O'Reilly On Tape


I want to be clear that I don't know if Mackris' allegations are true, but, in response to this post, I got an email challenging whether I could possibly believe O'Reilly would ever say those kinds of things.

In fact, I have proof that O'Reilly would ever say those kinds of things. It comes in the form of a book on tape of O'Reilly's thriller novel, "Those Who Trespass." It's read by the author.

Compare paragraph 78 of Mackris' complaint (NOT WORKSAFE) with the following audio (also NOT WORKSAFE):

Or, just to prove that O'Reilly could conceivably make any crude sexual statement, try this clip (again, NOT WORKSAFE):

There's more in the book, including the infamous bit in which Mr. O'Malley's "tongue was inside her, moving rapidly." But I'll spare you that.